Monday, May 7, 2012

#55 North by Northwest (1959)

Travis and I were both excited about this one! It's the first Hitchcock on the list, and the other Hitchcock films I've seen (Psycho, The Birds) were some great movies, so I knew this one would be awesome, too.

Roger Thornhill, an advertising exec in NYC, is mistaken for a government spy by a group of foreign spies during the Cold War. He makes all the wrong decisions while trying to evade the dangerous group of spies and gets caught up with the wrong girl, getting himself almost killed several times and ending up on the other side of the country.

The DVD Netflix sent me started skipping right when the plane scene came on! I was a little pissy about it, but luckily YouTube came to the rescue. :)


I wouldn't mind to see this one again, or even own it. Great movie, especially once you're positive you're following all the action. Also, the ending is about the best cut from one scene to another I've ever seen.

Rating: 9/10

Big Names: Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint

1 comment:

  1. So glad you like this one! This is my favorite Hitchcock film, my favorite classic movie, and in my Top 5 of all time.

    ReplyDelete