Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#89 The Sixth Sense (1999)

I skipped ahead a bit on this one, but when Travis said he was willing to watch it with me on Sunday night, I was so excited about not having to watch it alone that I didn't mind.

I was in high school when this came out and I saw it, so this time, I saw it from a very different perspective. Watching Anna lose her husband upset me more since I could imagine myself in her position more easily. The movie also didn't scare me at all. Most of what put me on edge was remembering that something was coming up. Also, with pharmacy school behind me now, of course I noticed that her Zoloft was written for twice-daily dosing (usually once-daily) and the instructions said to take with milk (unnecessary).

Anyways, the movie is well-made, the acting was phenomenal (esp. Haley Joel Osment), and I believe it earns its place in the top 100 movies. I've never seen another suspense/horror movie that deserves a higher spot on the list.

Rating: 9.5/10

Big Names: M. Night Shyamalan (director), Bruce Willis, Haley Joel Osment (where did he go??), Mischa Barton (the creepy poisoned girl)

Big Lines: I see dead people.

2 comments:

  1. Glad we are both flying through them!!!!! having a blast, thanks for the wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! At this rate, we'll be done way before Christmas. :) Glad you're having fun, too! I think you're doing a much better job than I am at watching them in order.

    ReplyDelete