Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#99 Toy Story (1995)

Obviously I have seen this one already but it had been a while.

I would give a brief summary, but any friend of mine reading this has already seen Toy Story, Toy Story 2, AND Toy Story 3. Since our current Netflix movie is Trav's choice (which we haven't had the time to watch) and it's my day off, I had to go to Blockbuster to look for a movie. I hadn't been in one of those in a long, long time, and now they're so empty it's sad. This movie was probably the oldest one they had. I was looking to rent another movie in the #90-100 range, but there were literally none there. There were about 50 Spongebob movies, though. This is why Netflix does so well.

As for my thoughts on the movie, I love how clever it is and I love Pixar for making movies that are still fun for adults even though they're primarily kids' movies. I like the little things like Woody calling Buzz "Buzz Light Beer" and the realty company being named "Virtual Realty." The Incredibles is still my favorite Pixar movie, though.

Rating: 9/10

Big Names: Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Laurie Metcalf (who knew that Andy's mom was Jackie from "Roseanne"??)

No comments:

Post a Comment