Tuesday, February 19, 2013

#40 The Sound of Music (1965)

This movie makes me want to move to Austria. Or at least visit and go on the Sound of Music tour.

I've seen this a thousand times, but I don't think I have watched the whole thing in one sitting since I was in elementary school. I couldn't even watch it this time in one sitting. This is a looooong movie, so I broke it up over two days. When I was little, I zoned out during any of the scenes that didn't involve the children, so I guess this was a little more exciting for me to see the entire movie and fully understand what's going on with the world at this point in history.

I realized something when I looked up the Von Trapp kids on imdb: the actress who plays Liesl is SEVENTY years old now. Jeez... that makes me feel old because I don't think of this as an old movie at all.

Rating: 10/10 (great music, gorgeous scenery, based on a true story)

Big Names: Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment