Tuesday, February 19, 2013

#41 King Kong (1933)

I knew the story of King Kong, but I didn't know that the movie had dinosaurs! How fun!

This was an exciting story, and I have to respect the creativity of everyone who worked on this movie because I'm sure every special effect was ground-breaking for its time. It is definitely unfair to compare it to modern-day effects. We can cheat with computers now so it isn't even the same thing.

The one thing I couldn't get over, though, was the lack of any expression on Kong's face. I really wanted to like him since he was supposed to be such a sweet character, but I couldn't help but think that King Kong's face just looked a bit like the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph.....



Rating: 6/10

Big Lines: "Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty who killed the Beast." #84 on AFI's top 100 quotes

1 comment: