Tuesday, February 12, 2013

#47 A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)

Another movie that imdb tells me was remade in the 90's. Sigh.

I saw this movie about six months ago, so I can't remember the specifics of my thoughts on it besides the domestic violence making me very uncomfortable. I'm not sure why it's #47 of all time at all, even though the acting is great. Vivien Leigh plays spoiled and crazy perfectly.

Rating: 5/10

Big Names: Vivien Leigh, Marlon Brando

Big Lines: "Stella! Hey, Stella!" is #45 on AFI's top 100 quotes.

1 comment:

  1. I would say the reason it's on the list is just what you said - the acting is great, and Vivien Leigh was scarily good as Blanche. It's one of the few movies to win 3 Academy Awards for acting (and shockingly, the awards were won by everyone BUT Marlon Brando).

    ReplyDelete