Tuesday, February 12, 2013

#53 The Deer Hunter (1978)

I'm back! I've had an eventful few months, so the movie hobby had been pushed further down the priorities list. Now I have a little movie-watching buddy, and until my maternity leave is up, I'll be aiming to watch a movie every weekday. (Or at least as much as Netflix can keep up with me.) I'm trying to avoid day-time television because it just irritates me, so it really shouldn't be too difficult to fit a movie in most days.

I'm actually incredibly behind on writing... I've seen ten so far and haven't written on any of them. I'll be keeping these entries short and sweet. Long stretches of time are not anything I have available to me at the moment.

So.... this movie actually sat at our house for about 6 months before I watched it. It was about 3 hours long, and I knew it was about the Vietnam War so I expected it to be heavy, depressing, and gruesome. It was definitely all of these things, but an interesting movie anyways. It showed how war absolutely destroys the lives of everyone affected... soldiers and those left behind. I already felt that way, so it just reminded me that war is destructive. I did learn all about Russian roulette, though.

Rating: 6/10 (liked it but would prefer to never see it again)

Big Names: The cast was ah-MAZ-ing.... Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, Meryl Streep, some other people also in The Godfather

No comments:

Post a Comment